the sentences in passive voice.
1. John collects money.
2. Anna opened the window. –
3. We have done our homework. –
4. I will ask a question. –
5. He can cut out the picture. –
6. Action on the proposal is being considered by Dr. Dennis.
7. The door was slammed by my roommate.
8. Announcements of Brown Bag Lunch topics will be published in the McKendree Review each week.
9. Sheila is drinking a cup of tea.
10. My father is washing the car.
Adjective Clause Quiz
A. Identifying Adjective Clauses: Underline the adjective clause in each sentence and circle the word it modifies.
1. This is a day that we will all remember.
2. A painting which everyone dislikes was removed from the hall.
3. He is a man who someday may be our governor.
4. The Korean War, which dragged on for three long years, finally ended in 1953.
5. There was a time when I drove to the country each summer.
6. Fritz Kreisler, the famous violinist who was a child prodigy, also studied medicine and art.
7. The girl whose wallet I found has been absent for a week.
8. Cracow, which is also spelled Krakow, is a city in Poland.
9. Have you met the candidate whom he wants to nominate?
10. We have had three responses in the time since we placed the advertisement.
EXERCISE ON CONDITIONAL SENTENCES
Supply the correct form of the verb in parentheses for each of the following sentences. Review the formulas if you have any difficulty.
1. Henry talks to his dog as if it . . . . . . . . . . . . . (understand) him.
2. If they had left the house earlier, they . . . . . . . . . . . . . (not be) so late getting to the airport that they could not check their luggage.
3. If I finish the dress before Saturday, I . . . . . . . . . . . . . (give) it to my sister for her birthday.
4. If I had seen the movie, I . . . . . . . . . . . . . (tell) you about it last night.
5. Had Bob not interfered in his sister’s marital problems, there . . . . . . . . (be) peace between them.
6. He would give you the money if he . . . . . . . . . . . . . (have)it.
7.I wish you. . . . . . . . . . . . . (stop) making so much noise so that I could concentrate.
8. She would call you immediately if she . . . . . . . . . . . . . (need) help.
9. They . . . . . . . . . . . . . (find) a better selection had they arrived at the sale early.
10. We hope that you . . . . . . . . . . . . . (enjoy) the party last night.
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)

Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar